The DNA mind test analyses 30 genes which have been shown to have significant associations with key mental health disorders.
DNA mindreports on associations in the following areas:
- Neurodegenerative disorders – mild cognitive decline & late onset Alzheimer’s disease
- Mood disorders – Depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder & post-traumatic stressdisorder
- Addictive behaviour – Risk for alcohol, nicotine, cannabis & opioid dependence, psychosisresponse from cannabis use, eating disorders (binge eating), ‘adrenaline seeking’/risk-taking behaviour
Knowledge of an individual’s genotype will provide diagnostic insight and assist in determining optimal treatment strategies for individuals suffering from, or at risk for, mental health disorders.
Genes included in the test are involved in key biological areas related to mental health. These areasinclude:
- Lipid metabolism
- Neurotrophic, dopaminergic & serotonergic pathways
- Endo-cannabinoid pathway
DNA mindReport Provides:
Test Type: Buccal Swab
- Identification of the level of impact of any genetic variants
- An explanation of their impact on the specific biochemical area
- An explanation of each area’s impact on mental health