This test evaluates SNPs associated with increased risk of impaired detoxification capacity especially when exposed to environmental toxins. It also identifies individuals potentially susceptible to adverse drug reactions.
What is being measured
Phase I is the first line of defense in the detoxification of all environmental toxins, including pesticides, herbicides, pollutants, and solvents, pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals, as well as many of the body’s own waste products (including steroid hormones).
Phase II is the conjugation of toxins and their elimination.
Test Type: Buccal Swab
- COMT (catechol-O-methyltransferase)
- NAT1 (N-acetyl transferase 1)
- NAT2 (N-acetyl transferase 2)
- GSTM1 (glutathione s-transferase M, isoforum)
- GSTP1 (glutathione s-transferase P, isoforum)
- GSTT1 (glutathione s-transferase)
- SOD1 (superoxide dismutase-1)
- SOD2 (superoxide dismutase-2